Naturopathic Phone/Skype Consultations - How do they Work?
How do Phone Consultations Work?
At the time of your appointment you phone into the clinic and Wayne will consult with you for 15-30 minutes depending on the type of Naturopathic Consultation you have. After your consultation with Wayne he will transfer your call to our friendly reception staff and they will book your next appointment, organise to have any supplements or information sent to you by Express Post and take details of your payment either by Credit Card or by Direct Deposit.
Some of our testing is able to be done at home and we can organise certain “at home test kits” to be sent to you before your appointment so Wayne can discuss the results with you.
As you can see, distance isn’t a problem at all and if you are seeking a professional, caring, dedicated and experienced Naturopath, Wayne Pickstone is the Practitioner for you.
Make your appointment today by either calling us on 07 5474 5354 or by visiting our contact page and submitting your information to make a booking online. Looking forward to spreaking with you soon. 🙂
What Makes Our Centre Unique . . . ?
And it’s a very good question. Our Uniqueness is Clarified and brought into Focus by our Axiom’s. As defined in the online dictionary – ‘An axiom is a premise or starting point of reasoning. As classically conceived, an axiom is a premise so evident as to be accepted as true without controversy.’ Here are our 7 Unique Axiom’s . . .
Unique Axiom #1 = ‘When You’re Feeling Great . . .
That’s When You Should Do The Most With Your Health.’
When the body breaks down in need of urgent health, it’s known as CRISIS Medicine.
Some CRISIS Medicine examples ARE heart attack, stroke, cancer, any autoimmune diseases and the list goes on and on.
However we believe, don’t wait for the CRISIS.
Do the most with your health NOT when symptoms of ill-health strike.
Do The Most With Your Health When You’re Feeling GREAT . . .
Embrace a Preventative Medicine Strategy.
Preventative Medicine occurs either by preventing the occurrence of a disease or by halting a disease and averting resulting complications after its onset. The aim of Preventive Medicine is the absence of disease. Our Health Care System is in a terrible CRISIS because of the collective and systematic neglect of being Preventative with one’s Health.
How do you become Preventative?
It’s all in the TESTING Procedures being offered. Just like taking your car to the mechanic for its service.
When you take your car for its service in your eyes there may be nothing wrong – however, after 2 hours your mechanic gives you a call and lets you know how lucky you were. He continues, “If you let THE SERVICE go for another week or so your brakes may have failed and it could have caused you a serious accident – a CRISIS.”
However, because you got your service (tests) completed when it was due any CRISIS was avoided. And an opportunity occurred where your breaks are now fixed.
The same may apply when you have your tests first completed, you may feel great, however the tests may show an opportunity has arisen for you to PREVENT something you had no idea that may have been occurring within your body.
What a GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
Uniquely we believe that every process of illness is an opportunity to find our more about yourself so that you can do something proactively with your health.
Which Invokes Unique Axiom # 2 – ‘You Shouldn’t Take Any Supplements Unless A Test Reveals That
Your Body Is In Need Of Them’.
Imagine if others thought this way!
You shouldn’t take any supplements unless a test reveals that your body is in need of them.
Otherwise it could be a waste of money.
How do you know what to take unless a test reveals you are in need of it.
When you think of this in the following manner it makes total sense.
Using the car example from above would you let your mechanic put new brakes in your car without a visual test plus a calibration test? What a costly experience and imagine if he did this every time you went to your mechanic. Of course you wouldn’t let that happen and the same must go with your health.
The most important In House tests to have completed . . . are the Zinc Test and p/H Testing.
Important In-House Test #1 = Zinc Taste Test – up to 75% of the population are Zinc deficient.
Zinc is an essential mineral that stimulates the activity of at least 100 different enzymes in the body. Zinc also:
- supports a healthy immune system
- is necessary to synthesize DNA (our genetic information)
- is essential for wound healing
- supports the healthy growth and development of the body during adolescence, childhood and pregnancy
Though the actual amount of zinc necessary to support the human body is quite small, its effects on the body are astronomical. Generally, when someone is suffering from a zinc deficiency, it is because their intake is inadequate, zinc is being poorly absorbed into the body, or their need for zinc increases due to growth, stress, or fighting infection.
Zinc deficiency is quite common in Australia due to low soil nutrient levels as well as poor absorption for a lot of people with digestive problems.
Important In-House Test #2 = pH Test – Acid/Alkaline Balance.
A pH test is an accurate urinary test to measure the acid/alkaline balance of your body.
Why is urinary pH important?
Subtle changes to the pH of the body can have substantial impacts on a range of health conditions, including stress, bone density, pain, muscle mass and hormonal balance.
Urinary pH is a good measure of the ‘acid-load’ within the body.
Other In-House Tests Available are . . .
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Antioxidant/Free Radical Tests
- Iodine Testing
- Helicobacter Testing
- Thyroid Testing
- Celiac Testing
- Candida Testing
- Iridology and Sclerology
- Allergy Testing
- Mauve Factor Test
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
These Next Two Tests Are The Most
Essential External Tests to Have Completed . . .
Most Essential External Test #1 = Genetic Profile & Nutrigenomic Assessment
This is a simple salivary test. We send away your sample on your behalf and then receive the results 2-3 weeks later. By analysing an individual DNA profile, our specialised Naturopath can tailor your treatment, nutritional and lifestyle program for Optimal Health And Well-Being.
The Genetic Profile covers 40 genes grouped into 6 categories:
- Inflammation and Immune system
- Cell Nutrition & Defence – (detoxification and cellular antioxidants)
- Cardiovascular health
- Fat metabolism and Insulin Sensitivity
- Taste Receptors (can affect your taste and appetite)
- Bone Health (influences the bone strength and Vitamin D metabolism)
Along the principles of what Hippocrates taught – The body can heal itself, given the right conditions. It is estimated that 75% of health and life expectancy after the age of 40 can be modified. In regard to our Genes or Genetic Makeup . . . . Every human being is unique, even identical twins. The uniqueness comes from our genes – they influence height, eye colour, and susceptibility to disease.
Our genes determine our body’s response to the food that we eat, our physical activity and the lifestyle choices that we make. This means that we have great influence on our health. It is a common misconception that our “inherited genes” determine our fate in life. Research has shown that this is not correct.
You cannot have a gene transplant (maybe the future will bring this), but you can alter the influence of genes on your health and wellbeing. We can maximise our genetic potential and optimise our health by smart choices on nutrition, exercise and lifestyle. A role that the genes have is to code for proteins that the body makes.
These proteins have various uses within the body. Some genes enable cells to make proteins and enzymes needed for basic bodily functions e.g. “Maintenance” genes. Other genes are inactive most of the time. A normal cell activates the individual genes as they are needed and suppress the rest. Therefore the genes, through the proteins that they code for, determine all the body processes, including how your body responds to conditions in the environment.
The genetic is like listening to music. We have the ability to turn down the volume control of the stereo or we can turn up the volume of the stereo. This volume control dictates how much of the music we hear. The same with the genetic code.
We can use Nutrition, Exercise and Lifestyle to ‘turn up’ or ‘turn down’ the effect of our genes.
For example, for optimum health we wish to make sure that the genes for liver detoxification are ‘turned on’ or ‘turned up’ in volume. These genes are ‘turned on’ by foods such as broccoli and Brussels sprouts. Some foods can help to ’turn down’ the genes, for example omega 3 oils in deep sea fish reduce the response of the genes that create inflammation. The Gene Profile empowers you to make the changes to modify your health. It’s another great opportunity. This profile allows us to target an individual’s unique needs by tailoring the treatment to your unique DNA code.
This is the Gold Standard of individualised treatment – there is no one size fits all approach here.
Most Essential External Test #2 = Blood Chemistry Tests
Once your gene Profile is complete your specialised blood chemistries will alert us to how much damage may have or is occurring by what’s going on upstream or by your Genes. These are external tests performed by normal Pathology Laboratories within your local area. Your test results from your blood pathology will help us to identify the “Six Subclinical Health Markers” as well as how your body is breaking down the food you eat. The correct results are imperative in being proactive with your health and initiating disease preventing protocols which may add years to your life.
After these critical blood chemistry markers are revealed, you can take decisive steps to boost the quality of your life, from improving energy levels, improving nagging pain levels, to improving your libido levels, improving mental clarity and focus, to improving emotional turmoil or to decreasing your fat levels . . . . to name only a few of what is possible. These extensive Blood Chemistries provide markers, which are very different in the normal ideal reference ranges given by your Pathology Lab and then discussed with you by your General Practitioner. Even though the same numbers are being looked at, the interpretation is the compelling difference.
We look at Optimal Ranges that are quite different in some cases . . .
For example . . .
The Normal Glucose Reference Range is between 3.33 to 6.38; The Normal Thyroid or TSH Reference Range is between .35 to 4; The Normal Cholesterol Reference Range is between 3.86 to 6.21; The Normal Insulin Reference Range is between 0 to 25.
The Optimal Glucose Reference Range is between 4.05 to 4.09; The Optimal Thyroid or TSH Reference Range is between .8 to 2.3; The Optimal Cholesterol Reference Range is between 5.2 to 6.2;
The Optimal Insulin Reference Range is between 3 to 5. Firstly have an in-depth look at the gigantic difference between the two. Therefore if your Blood Chemistries’ results were…
Glucose = 6
Thyroid or TSH = 3.7
Cholesterol = 3.9
Insulin = 12
As you’ll notice Glucose’s highest optimal range is 4.09 and the above example of 6 for Glucose is significantly higher, TSH or your main Thyroid marker’s highest optimal range is 2.3 and the above example of 3.7 for TSH is also significantly higher and you can NOW easily see the other two discrepancies.
With these Optimal ranges in hand we can now address any future health challenges that may be heading your way and introduce preventative steps before any health crisis that may occurr.
Unique Axiom # 3 = ‘Precision and Clarity is Seen By Using
The Ancient Medicine Filter’.
From an Ancient Medicine perspective the body breaks down in a logical sequence, to know this sequence is imperative for health and wellbeing and it’s been known for thousands of years.
Firstly in Phase #1 of this breakdown a few initial symptoms may appear, like . . . reflux, bloating, heartburn, mood swings, lack of motivation, headaches or feeling tired.
Then the body moves into the Phase #2 breakdown where more symptoms emerge like . . . cramps, restless legs, knee pain, frozen shoulder or shoulders, sciatica, all your joints seem to be stiff and ache, constant sighing or yawning, thyroid challenges, sinus problems or constant cold and flu’s with tiredness turning into exhaustion and you may feel as if you’re on an emotional roller coaster.
There are another two steps in this logical sequence to the body’s downward spiral into more serious disease.
Once known where you are within this spiral The Ancient Medicine Filter will then give us the answers and in what sequence to help you to turn your health around. When symptoms accumulate you may go to your normal health care professional where all tests reveal nothing is wrong . . . and you walk away bewildered because you don’t understand. On one level you’re feeling good because there is nothing wrong however, on another level you’re confused and frustrated because of how terrible you feel.
You’re thinking . . . Something must be wrong!!!
So you continue with life the best you can and after another few years you go back to your health care professional only to once again discover that all the tests are ok. And you soldier on . . . more years pass and you’re feeling even worse. Not knowing which way to turn, you go back to your normal health care professional a couple more times and you guessed it all tests are normal . . . only to be given an antidepressant.
A symptomatic approach to treatment. You want to find the causes.
Now more bewildered . . . it’s 16 years later and you do the same blood tests knowing the probable outcome . . . but this time it’s not the normal all is okay . . . the tests reveal a diagnosis . . . it’s Diabetes or Cancer or some other serious disease and this time you’re really cheesed off. You don’t understand because the symptoms even though a little worse are the same as they were some 16 years ago.
You turn to your normal health care professional and ask the obvious question . . . “What happened – all tests for 16 years were okay and now this.” With the reply . . . . . “during those 16 years there was no disease to treat . . . but now there is . . .” It’s not anyone’s fault . . . it’s just how the system works.
As mentioned earlier . . . Our Health Care System is in a Terrible CRISIS.
Please remember you were getting all of the per-warnings years before but form your normal health professional’s perspective there was no disease to treat.
Only symptoms were treated. Another Unique point within our Centre is our determination to treat causes.
This brings about Axiom # 4 – ‘Treat Causes NOT Symptoms’.
- By treating symptoms ONLY more health challenges may arise.
- By treating causes health challenges are normally averted.
Of course . . . initially symptoms have to be treated using a natural approach then causes are treated.
And yes, both can be treated at the same time, however never just treat symptoms on their own.
From an Ancient Medicine perspective even just one little symptom could be a pre-warning of something bigger.
What that something is, for the average health care professional is sometimes difficult to figure out but this is where our expertise comes in, to uncover what your body is trying to tell you. If left unchecked then yes – that something negatively affecting your health has a greater chance of occurring. To find out what that something could be . . . just look at your parents and grandparents because 75 % of all diseases are hereditary. It’s in your genes.
Is your hereditary trait Heart Disease, Cancer, Arthritis, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, or Chronic Pain?
Research indicates that if your parents were hit with a hereditary disease . . . let’s say like cancer at age 62 then the next generation can expect it 10 years younger. Wow doesn’t that make one sit up and take notice on the importance of using Preventative Medicine. Ancient Medicine’s Filter has always said for thousands of years hereditary traits can be prevented by changing your lifestyle, eating patterns and your environment.
Western Medicine has now realised the same and has called it Epigenetics.
Ancient Medicine has known this for thousands of years and yet western medicine has barely known it for five decades.
Only in the last 10 years has it been looked at in greater detail. Epigenetics explains how environmental factors, such as food, exercise, stress, what we drink, sedentary lifestyle and toxic exposure can cause physical modifications to DNA and its associated structures, which result in altered functions.
By using these environmental factors preventatively, that is in your favour this new but Ancient paradigm may be used positively and proactively to prevent serious inherited diseases from taking hold. Hence the importance of having your Gene Profile completed.
Therefore using Preventative Medicine through Ancient Medicine’s Wisdom is one of our Unique ways of helping our clients.
Unique Axiom # 5 – ‘Do The Opposite To What Everyone Else
is Doing If You Want To Succeed With Your Health’.
Have a Wellness Coach Because Most Don’t!
Why do I need a Naturopath or as we prefer to use the phrase Wellness Coach?
Every great business person, sports star and mega super star are all surrounded by coaches and advisers.
Imagine having a Wellness Coach?
The human body can be challenging to understand with all its complexities.
To support you in your search for knowledge and your ability to attain optimum health, together with a lifestyle that you may find hard to imagine, a mentor or Wellness Coach is the ideal option.
The holistic health care offered to you at Unique Health and Wellness will promote the positive changes for your life that you have always wanted. You’ll be guided through our 6 Step Process helping you to restore your health and vitality.
For it is in the maintenance of health, where you will strike gold to keep your renewed health. Your Wellness Coach will be your mentor, your adviser, your listening post, your best friend and your coach will allow your dreams to come true.
Your Wellness Coach will open that window of opportunity and allow you to grow and for you to be the best person you know you can be deep down inside.
The Secret To Success….. is to Have a WELLNESS COACH…
Picture yourself in a boat cruising on the ocean , about to enter an unspoiled picturesque bay, the breeze blowing in your hair, tranquil aqua blue waters, fish excited as they dart here and there, palm trees waving hello to you and the sun relaxing your whole body with its warmth.
Suddenly a huge unexpected crash is heard and you are propelled into the air as the boat finds itself jammed into submerged rocks.
Why did this happen is the all important question?
Most people know if you are in unfamiliar territory it is very important to find out about any hazards before entering such high risk zones.
Or do they . . .
Because if this was true 97% of people would be achieving their dreams.
Instead of it being the other way around.
According to Praetor’s Law did you know that only 3% of people achieve their dreams or Optimal Wellness?
These 3% definitely have Coaches.
How does one know how to escape the hazards of life?
How to identify these hazards?
How to achieve fantastic health?
It can be learned from the road of hard knocks or by speaking to someone who has done it before. A Wellness Coach is the answer. I know without a shadow of a doubt which one I would choose.
Life in all aspects in which you wish to excel requires a Coach and the sooner you are able to grasp this concept the faster your growth, especially around health.
Wayne Pickstone will be your “Wellness Coach” as will work together with you on your personalised health program of disease eradication. Wayne has a passion to see his clients experience health and wellness and is waiting for you to take action.
Unique Axiom # 6 – ‘Within The Near Future Health Will Be
More Sought After Than Money, Real Estate,
Gold, Silver Or Anything Of Material Value’.
As mentioned earlier it is estimated that 75% of health and life expectancy after the age of 40 can be modified.
I personally believe this can be improved.
However, if nothing is done and we collectively rely on CRISIS Medicine.
Here are some disturbing and shocking statistics which will support Axiom # 6. . . !”
Disturbing and Shocking Statistics on Toxicity . . . 287 Toxic Chemicals found within babies umbilical cord. Of the 287 chemicals we detected in umbilical cord blood, we know that 180 cause cancer in humans or animals, 217 are toxic to the brain and nervous system, and 208 cause birth defects or abnormal development in animal tests.
Disturbing and Shocking Statistics on Obesity . . .
- 60 per cent of adults and 40 per cent of children in Australia are overweight or obese.
- “In the ten year period from 1985 to 1995 the prevalence of obesity alone among 7–15 year-olds more than tripled.”
- According to University of Missouri-Columbia biomedical researchers Frank Booth and Simon Lees, every U.S. child and adult will be obese by 2044 and 2058, respectively, if the current progressive rise continues. Some Disturbing and Shocking Statistics on Depression . . . World Health Org quotes, “Depression is the leading cause of disability as measured by YLDs and the 4th leading contributor to the global burden of disease (DALYs) in 2000. By the year 2020, depression is projected to reach 2nd place of the ranking of DALYs calculated for all ages, both sexes. Today, depression is already the 2nd cause of DALYs in the age category 15-44 years for both sexes combined.
- Some Disturbing and Shocking Statistics on Cancer . . . Lifetime risk refers to the probability that an individual, over the course of a lifetime, will develop or die from cancer. In the US, men have slightly less than a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing cancer; for women, the risk is a little more than 1 in 3.
- “It is alarming that the number of people who will get cancer is now well past one in three, and that there are so many more people with cancer today than even 10 years ago,” said Ciaran Devane, Macmillan’s chief executive.
- Global cancer rates could increase by 50% to 15 million by 2020. World Cancer Report provides clear evidence that action on smoking, diet and infections can prevent one third of cancers, another third can be cured. GENEVA, 3 APRIL 2003 – Cancer rates could further increase by 50% to 15 million new cases in the year 2020, according to the World Cancer Report, the most comprehensive global examination of the disease to date.
- Some Disturbing and Shocking Statistics on Mobile Phones and EMF’s . . . Men who use mobile phones face increased risk of infertility. Men who use mobile phones could be risking their fertility, warn researchers. A new study shows a worrying link between poor sperm and the number of hours a day that a man uses his mobile phone. Those who made calls on a mobile phone for more than four hours a day had the worst sperm counts and the poorest quality sperm, according to results released yesterday at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- Mobile Phone more dangerous than smoking . . . Brain expert warns of huge rise in tumours and calls on industry to take immediate steps to reduce radiation. Mobile phones could kill far more people than smoking or asbestos, a study by an award-winning cancer expert has concluded. He says people should avoid using them wherever possible and that governments and the mobile phone industry must take “immediate steps” to reduce exposure to their radiation. The study, by Dr Vini Khurana, is the most devastating indictment yet published of the health risks. It draws on growing evidence – exclusively reported in the IoS in October – that using handsets for 10 years or more can double the risk of brain cancer. Cancers take at least a decade to develop, invalidating official safety assurances based on earlier studies which included few, if any, people who had used the phones for that long.
- Some Disturbing and Shocking Statistics on Alzheimer’s and Dementia . . . Alarming new Alzheimer’s statistics from the Alzheimer’s Association show one in three American seniors die with the mind-destroying disease or another form of dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States. More than 5 million Americans are living with the disease. 1 in 3 seniors die with Alzheimer’s or another dementia. In 2012, 15.4 million caregivers provided more than 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care valued at $216 billion. Nearly 15% of caregivers for people with Alzheimer’s or another dementia are long-distance caregivers. In 2013, Alzheimer’s will cost the nation $203 billion. This number is expected to rise to $1.2 trillion by 2050.
Summary of dementia statistics in Australia.
- There are over 321,600 Australians living with dementia
- This number is expected to increase by one third to 400,000 in less than ten years
- Without a medical breakthrough, the number of people with dementia is expected to be almost 900,000 by 2050
- Each week, there are 1,700 new cases of dementia in Australia; approx. one person every 6 minutes. This is expected to grow to 7,400 new cases each week by 2050
- There are approximately 24,400 people in Australia with Younger Onset Dementia (a diagnosis of dementia under the age of 65; including people as young as 30)
- One in four people over the age of 85 have dementia
- An estimated 1.2 million Australians are caring for someone with dementia.
- Dementia is the third leading cause of death in Australia and there is no cure.
- On average symptoms of dementia are noticed by families three years before a firm diagnosis is made.
And this shocking list continues. I haven’t discussed heart disease, stroke, blood pressure, diabetes, autoimmune disease and on and on this list goes.
Unique Axiom # 7 – ‘The Simple Answer Is To Be Proactive With Your Health Now’!
To Arrange A Consultation . . . Call Now on (07) 5474 5354
- http:[email protected]/documents/document/acspc-029771.pdf
Why Do We Have Different Levels Of Care?
That’s our dream for the individuals and families who enter through our doors!
Imagine a world without Epidemic’s like . . .
- Alzheimer’s or Dementia
- Heart Disease
- Auto-immune Diseases
- And the list is long . . .
One of Wayne’s favourite sayings is, “by seeing a Wellness Coach and by being Preventative with your health you may never know that epidemic which may have struck you or your family’s life.”
Everyone has different needs . . . different levels of expectations . . .
There are the few who only want to come once and check you out; they shop around but find it difficult to commit themselves because they either don’t want to make a decision or they find it hard to trust other people.
Did you shop around?
Most people do. When looking for a Wellness Practitioner people usually ask only about the price of the consultation. We all at times have shopped around. We encourage it. However, try not to use this as an excuse to undermine your Health because going from Practitioner to Practitioner can be frustrating and exhausting.
That’s why everyone starts out within our First Level of Care . .
1. Basic Health Care.
At our Basic Level of Care you’ll know straight away if what we have to offer is for you. Also some patients aren’t accepted at this point because each Practitioner has to also feel that they can work with you. It has to be a win win for everyone concerned. Once we both feel we can move forward, all you have to do is choose between either of the next two levels.
2. Wellness Care . . .
In-house Tests available – Within your first consultation we will together work out which tests are appropriate for you. Some Clients do all of them while others choose a few. Importantly here – it’s your choice.
In- House Tests Available are . . .
- pH Test
- Cellular Health
- Zinc Test
- Vitamin C Test
- Gut Toxicity Test
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Antioxidant/Free Radical Tests
- Iodine Testing
- Helicobacter Testing
- Thyroid Testing
- Celiac Testing
- Candida Testing
- Iridology and Sclerology
- Allergy Testing
- Mauve Factor Test
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
3. Our Unique Ultimate Blueprint for Health Program . . .
Tests available are . . .
- Any selection from the above in-house tests.
- Blood Profiling
- DNA Profiling
Our Dream can be your dream once proactive ACTION occurs.
Ask Wayne A Question
Connect With Us
- Turn Back Time: The Truth About Collagen June 6, 2017
- How a Health Coach Could Be Your Mentor And Change Your Life May 31, 2017
- The Benefits of Foam Rolling May 4, 2017
- The Importance Of Being Flexible May 4, 2017
- High Intensity Interval Training Benefits April 10, 2017