DO YOU SUFFER FROM …
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- ‘Leaky Gut’
- Flatulence or Wind
- Constant Rumblings within your digestive system
- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth or SIBO
Would you like some answers?
Firstly let’s take a quiz to find out how your Digestive System is functioning.
CIRCLE the number which best describes the frequency of your symptoms.
DIGESTION AND DYSBIOSIS
- Bad breath, metallic, sour taste in mouth 0 1 2 3 2.
- Bad body odour 0 1 2 3 3.
- Excessive belching, burping and/or bloating, colic 0 1 2 3 4.
- Indigestion and fullness lasts 2-4 hours after eating 0 1 2 3 5.
- Excessive gas and bloating, flatulence 0 1 2 3 6.
- Abdominal cramping, aches and pains 0 1 2 3 7.
- Specific foods and beverages aggravate indigestion and cause bloating 0 1 2 3 8.
- Crave sugar/breads/sweets or alcohol 0 1 2 3 9.
- Rumbling noises after food 0 1 2 3 10.
- Tired after food 0 1 2 3 11.
- Gas immediately after meals 0 1 2 3 12.
- Roughage or fibre cause constipation 0 1 2 3 13.
- Stool – undigested food present 0 1 2 3 14.
- Stool – yellowish, foul smelling 0 1 2 3 15.
- Painful, difficult straining during bowel movements 0 1 2 3 16.
- Bright red blood following bowel movement 0 1 2 3 17.
- Frequent or urgent urination 0 1 2 3 18.
- Sinus and/or hay fever 0 1 2 3 19.
- Skin disorders N Y (3)
- Antibiotic use 4 or more times/year N Y (3)
- On birth control pill more than 2 years N Y (4)
- Long-term antibiotic use, greater than 1 month N Y (5)
- Athlete’s foot, ringworm or any chronic fungal N Y (4) infections of the skin or nails
- Bowel movements daily Y N (5)
When you are finished, please add the number of points. The score for YES is the number inside the parenthesis ( ).
And if your total score has added up to . . .
- 5 or below it’s of low priority
- 6 to 15 it’s of moderate priority
- and if it’s above 16 your need is of high priority
Therefore if your score is above 6 you may have GUT Pain, Leaky Gut or I.B.S. !!!
And it might lead to . . .
From Ancient Medicine Your Gut Or Your Digestion Is The First Filter And If Challenged Can Lead To Any Disease Known. Because your digestive system is your seat to health.
Dr Wayne Pickstone agrees with Hippocrates – “All Disease Begins In The Gut”
An estimated 15-20% of all Western Cultures have some form of Gut Pain and it’s a distressing condition.
It represents 30-50% of all referrals to a gastroenterologist.
Many of you may have already been down that track.
If you have Irritable Bowel, bloating, wind, reflux or Gut Pain, you are NOT alone.
These statistics only reveal the numbers who attend medical practitioners.
There are also the silent sufferers, who . . . for their own reasons never seek help.
Another definition of Gut Pain is known as Leaky Gut Syndrome.
The medical definition of Leaky Gut Syndrome is an increase in permeability of the intestinal mucosa to luminal macromolecules, antigens, and toxins associated with inflammatory degenerative and or atrophic mucosa or lining.
Put more simply, large spaces develop within the gut wall allowing bacteria, toxins and food particles to leak into the bloodstream … hence its name “Leaky Gut”.
The digestive tract is an elaborate system that involves organs from the mouth to the colon. The small intestine performs an essential barrier function in keeping the body free from allergy. The intestine’s membrane acts as a wall separating undigested food and the bloodstream.
This allows the digestive tract organs to properly break down food into smaller, usable molecules, which then are sent through the bloodstream to nourish the body’s tissues.
Some amount of wall permeability is common.
In people with a normal, intact gut, up to 20 per cent of undigested protein can pass through the mucous membranes.
But when there is inflammation in the gastro-intestinal mucosa, the intestinal wall becomes excessively permeable – a condition called ‘leaky gut syndrome’.
If bits of food have not been properly broken down due to imbalances in the digestive tract, food molecules, which are usually too large to pass through the intestinal barrier, slip through the gaps in the gut wall and enter the bloodstream.
When this happens, the immune system treats these foreign substances as antigens (antigens are negative reactions that can cause food intolerance and or allergies), setting off an allergic response in which antibodies are secreted in the bloodstream to couple with and immobilise these larger molecules.
Gut Pain or Leaky Gut Syndrome may cause the intestinal lining to become inflamed and the microvilli become damaged or altered. The damaged microvilli cannot then produce the necessary enzymes and secretions that are essential for a healthy digestion and the absorption of nutrients.
Gut Pain or Leaky Gut Syndrome is a very common problem of modern society in part because of antibiotics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
They both damage the natural balance the bowel requires to operate at its best. So as you can see there are many names for virtually the same thing (Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Leaky Gut or Gut Pain) and this is why we have coined it Gut Pain or Pain in the Gut.
From today you may have 3 responses . . .
- Do nothing and without any help you may stay the same.
- Place your name and email address into the space provided to find out more.
- Or for those who have had enough and want answers now . . .
When you book your appointment you will receive 3 tests listed below,
a 2 Hour Naturopathic Consultation and a Treatment plan for $147.
Or To Arrange A Consultation By Phone . . .
Call Now on (07) 5474 5354
At Unique Health and Wellness your challenges are our highest priority and we believe in getting an all-inclusive understanding and supportive approach for each client’s challenges before we move on to individual treatment protocols.
Your first Naturopathic consultation will benefit you because of the following tests, which include . . .
- A pH urine and Saliva Test
- Zinc Test
- Wayne will work out which test suits you best.
- Your Health Objectives are defined
You and your Practitioner will sit down together and work out a treatment plan that suits you best. Once on board our Centre will be there to support you to make your journey through your Health challenges a pleasant experience.
There’s just one step you need to take to get started on
your health journey and that is . . .
Call Now on (07) 5474 5354 Or
Connect With Us
- Turn Back Time: The Truth About Collagen June 6, 2017
- How a Health Coach Could Be Your Mentor And Change Your Life May 31, 2017
- The Benefits of Foam Rolling May 4, 2017
- The Importance Of Being Flexible May 4, 2017
- High Intensity Interval Training Benefits April 10, 2017