The following article is #4 in our series of 4, on ‘The Hidden Secrets to Losing Unwanted Fat’.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER.
Firstly, choose to begin, now!
There is no better time. Spring and summer are the best seasons to lose weight.
Next, get to know your body in the following ways:
- Test your pH levels and determine if your body is too acidic. If it is, you will know to incorporate more alkaline foods into your chosen diet.
- Know your set point. We discussed the importance of your body’s set point in Part 2 and how it is essentially one of the most important factors on your body’s ability to lose weight, and probably why you may have been unsuccessful in the past. What is your current set point, and what would you like it to be? Set a goal for yourself.
- Spend some time identifying what may be holding you back in your conscious or subconscious mind. Are there unhealed traumas there? Are you an emotional eater? Are you depressed or anxious? Do you perhaps need some external help, like that of a PYSCH-K practitioner? What are your self-limiting beliefs? In Part 3 we dive deep into this subject and discuss the importance of slowing down, practicing mindfulness and becoming an observer of your thoughts to lighten your psychological load. Often our mind and traumas that there lay are neglected or overlooked and could potentially be the last roadblock to remove to lose your weight and keep it off.
- And of course, choosing your diet is a vital part of the pre-diet process! Choose a diet that you can enjoy, and thus will stick to. If you have not yet read Part 1, please do so. In the first article we take a look at some of the most popular diets and their effectiveness and narrow it down to the most effective.
Below is a summary of each of the diets that encourage filling up on wholefoods, include the right macronutrient balance for the body, have a level of caloric restriction and thus, are excellent options for your weight loss journey.
A diet based around the foods that humans would have eaten 10,000 to 2.5 million years ago… during the paleolithic era. It includes foods that could be hunted or gathered such as lean meats, fish, vegetables, nuts and seeds and avoiding foods that were introduced after farming was established like grains (eg. wheat, oats and barley), legumes (eg. beans, lentils, peanuts and peas), dairy products, refined sugar, salt, potatoes and any highly processed foods in general.
This ‘Keto’ diet aims to balance dietary intake to a ratio of 50% fat, 30% protein and 20% carbohydrates. Eating protein and fat in this way allows the body to enter ketosis, where it burns fats for fuel (instead of glucose), and fat loss occurs as a result.
A plant-based diet that restricts the consumption of meat, poultry and fish. This diet has numerous benefits, however, requires careful planning to prevent nutrient deficiencies.
The Mediterranean diet is based around the foods consumed by countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea. There is no set definition of the Mediterranean diet, however it typically includes vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds, and olive oil, with limited red meat intake, moderate dairy intake, and weekly fish, beans and poultry intake.
Now you are ready to begin.
As discussed in Part 2, to successfully lower your set point, you must retrain your body (in slow and steady increments) to reset it, so you can keep the weight off.
To do this plan to spend 4 - 6 weeks in your chosen dietary plan, with a 2 week ‘break’, focusing on detoxing to reduce chronic inflammation and oxidative stress and also to cleanse and heal the four filters; the gut, liver, immune system and kidneys (another integral part of successful weight loss discussed in detail in article #2).
In your two weeks of detoxing ensure to include:
Foods that lower chronic inflammation and oxidative stress, such as:
- Spices; ginger, turmeric, fenugreek, cinnamon
- Healthy fats; olive and coconut oils, avocado
- Omega-3 fatty acids; fatty fish like wild caught salmon, and flax and chia seeds
- Vegetables; especially cruciferous vegetables
- Fruits; berries, cherries and grapes (those high in antioxidants)
- Nuts; walnuts, almonds, pecans
- Fermented foods; sauerkraut, kimchi and yoghurt
And natural medicines that will also help to lower these two conditions:
- Specialised Pro-Resolving Mediators (SPMs). These are lipid (fat-based) compounds that flick the switch from the inflammatory initiation phase to the anti-inflammatory, healing resolution phase, while also reducing pain by altering pain perception.
- Fish oil: Omega-3 fatty acids
- Turmeric: A potent anti-inflammatory herb, learn its multiple benefits for inflammation and pain by reading this blog, here.
- Devil’s Claw
- ….and many other herbs.
And by avoiding foods like:
- Processed meats, snack foods and oils
- Trans fats
- Refined carbohydrates
As well as foods and medicines that will help to detox your filters (often these will overlap).
Seeking the advice of a practitioner (aka. Dr Wayne!) is recommended to help tailor a detox plan and prescribe the right natural medicines uniquely for you.
Include intermittent fasting in your weight loss plan. Choose at least 2 days a week to do your intermittent fasting. Start fasting at around 2pm on those days and begin eating again the following morning at breakfast. The benefits of fasting can be found in Part 2.
And lastly include 30 minutes of exercise every 2nd day, or 4 minutes of exercise 3 times a day to help move stubborn fat.
Here's the link to the video for easy access:
An example of your plan may look like this:
(after identifying your pH level, your set point and your psychological triggers)
Week 1 – 4 = Ketogenic diet (Tuesday and Friday intermittent fasting, thrice daily 4 minutes of exercise)
Week 5 & 6 – Healthy food choices - Detoxing the gut (continuing with fasting and exercise days)
Week 7 – 10 = Ketogenic diet (Tuesday and Friday intermittent fasting, thrice daily 4 minute exercise)
Week 11 & 12 – Healthy food choices - Cleansing the liver (continuing with fasting and exercise days)
With daily mindfulness practice!
Etc. etc until your weight goal is achieved.
You now have the perfect recipe for weight loss that sticks!
All the best in your journey.
Until next time,
Dedicated to Improving Your Wellbeing and Committed To Helping You Achieve Abundant Health and Wealth,
The team at Unique Health and Wellness.
Would You Like To Find Out More?
For members of the clinic please send us an email with "WEIGHT LOSS" in the headline and we will get back to you.
Or . . .
For those who are not members of the clinic, there are two ways you can respond. . .
1. I would like to book in for your Free 20 Minute consultation online to ask further questions on how you can help me . . . or I will phone you on 07 5474 5354
2. I am pro-active about my health. I want to book now and I realise the consultation is normally valued at $300.00, however if I act now I will receive a substantial discount!
The information provided does not take into account individual needs of any particular person. When providing this information, it is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research. The information provided should not be construed as personal medical advice or instruction and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
STATEMENT OF AFFILIATION:
Unique Health and Wellness Australia is affiliated with InnerOrigin with the intention of selling non-therapeutic goods which enhance health and wellbeing. These are ancillary products which will not compromise therapeutic goals. InnerOrigin also sells TGA approved therapeutic goods, however we actively discourage our clients from substituting their prescribed natural medicines with these products. Our financial interest in InnerOrigin will therefore not influence the quality of care we provide to our clients. Our high standard of care for our clients is always our first priority.