Ghee is also known in Europe as clarified butter and is classified as a healthy fat.
It is made by cooking down unsalted butter until all of the liquid evaporates, and the milk solids are left in the bottom of the pan. The liquid is then poured through a cheesecloth and into a sterilised jar. The milk solids are discarded.
This process clarifies the butter, and strips away the impurities and parts of butter that are most difficult to digest, like lactose and casein. While it is still considered a dairy product, it is one that many with lactose or casein intolerance can enjoy.
There are many health benefits of Ghee:
* Lubricates connective tissue and promotes flexibility
* Improves clarity of mind
* Source of omega-3 and 9 essential fatty acids
* Enhances digestion by stimulating digestive enzymes
* Helps sustain healthy bacteria in the gut
* Supports the immune system through phenolic antioxidants
* Balances body and mind
* Can also be used topically for wounds, burns, inflammation and blisters
* Contains antioxidant vitamin E and beta carotene which fight free radicals and protect cells.
In Ayurveda, ghee is believed to enhance one's Ojas, or ‘life energy’.
Other ways of using ghee include:
* On toast instead of butter
* Stirred through porridge
* Melt over veges or rice
* Added to soups, stews or curries
* and one of Dr Wayne’s favourites but it’s not for the faint hearted. Every 3 to 6 months, for one week do a Ghee cleanse by using a teaspoon of ghee in hot water once a day for 7 days.
To start incorporating ghee into your diet, you can find recipes online to make your own at home, or if you would prefer to purchase ghee, we recommend grass fed and organic if possible.
You can find ghee at most health food stores.
Until next time,
Dedicated to Improving Your Wellbeing and Committed To Helping You Achieve Abundant Health and Wealth,
The team at Unique Health and Wellness.
Would You Like To Find Out More?
For existing members of the clinic, if you have questions or need extra support on your journey, we are here to help!
Call us on +617 5474 5354, or click here to send us an email.
For those who are not members of the clinic, there are two ways you can respond. . .
1. I would like to book in for your Free 20 Minute consultation online to ask further questions on how you can help me . . . or I will phone you on 07 5474 5354
2. I am pro-active about my health. I want to book now and I realise the consultation is normally valued at $300.00, however if I act now I will receive a substantial discount!
The information provided does not take into account individual needs of any particular person. When providing this information, it is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research. The information provided should not be construed as personal medical advice or instruction and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
STATEMENT OF AFFILIATION:
Unique Health and Wellness Australia is affiliated with InnerOrigin with the intention of selling non-therapeutic goods which enhance health and wellbeing. These are ancillary products which will not compromise therapeutic goals. InnerOrigin also sells TGA approved therapeutic goods, however we actively discourage our clients from substituting their prescribed natural medicines with these products. Our financial interest in InnerOrigin will therefore not influence the quality of care we provide to our clients. Our high standard of care for our clients is always our first priority.